Hunting mittens will not only keep your hands warm and toasty during cold weather hunting, but the right pair will also ensure that your hands retain their dexterity throughout.
Although some hunters don’t fancy using hunting mittens (they are bulky and often interfere with your shooting style), the truth is that if you find the right pair, your shooting will remain the same, and many of them aren’t even that bulky. That being said, here are some of the best hunting mittens in the market today.
- 1 1. HOT SHOT Men’s Camo Huntsman Pop-Top Mittens
- 2 2. HOT SHOT Men’s Camo Bulls-Eye Fleece Pop-Top Mittens
- 3 3. Carhartt Men’s Flip It
- 4 4. Nomad Men’s Harvester Water & Windproof Hunting Glove with Magnetic Flip Mitt
- 5 5. eMitt Multi-Purpose Flip-top Mitten
- 6 6. Scent-Lok Men’s Fleece Pop Top Gloves
- 7 7. Heat Factory Gloves with Pop-Top Mittens
- 8 8. Palmyth Ice Fishing Gloves Convertible Mittens
- 9 9. SITKA Gear Blizzard GTX Mitten
1. HOT SHOT Men’s Camo Huntsman Pop-Top Mittens
Perfectly insulated, these HOT SHOT Men’s Camo Huntsman Pop-Top Mittens are lined with 80 grams of 3M Thinsulate Insulation, which makes them warm without being too bulky. They feature Odor-XChange antimicrobial lining technology, making them odor resistant by targeting the bacteria that cause odor. They also wick away moisture, ensuring that your hands remain warm and dry.
- Warm without being bulky
- Odor-XChange antimicrobial lining technology
- Pop-top mittens
- Magnets tend to be noisy
2. HOT SHOT Men’s Camo Bulls-Eye Fleece Pop-Top Mittens
These HOT SHOT Men’s Camo Bulls-Eye Fleece Pop-Top Mittens are not only comfortable (made out of fleece) but also quite warm and not bulky. They are lined with 100% polyester and Tricon making them perfect for people who enjoy hunting and fishing in cold weather. Featuring a pop-top design, these hunting mittens allow for full finger dexterity as they reveal half-finger gloves underneath.
- Lined with 40 grams of 3M Thinsulate Insulation
- 100% polyester tricot
- No allowance for heat packs
3. Carhartt Men’s Flip It
These Carhartt Men’s Flip It are the ideal hunting mittens as they come with a flip top and a pull-on closure, which guarantee silence when hunting. The shell is made out of 100% Polyester, while the Palm is made out of 100% Polyurethane, and it also features a lining that is 100% Polyester making them quite warm and comfortable. The flip-top reveals half-finger gloves, which allow for full finger dexterity.
- Hand wash
- Quite flip top
- A bit pricey
4. Nomad Men’s Harvester Water & Windproof Hunting Glove with Magnetic Flip Mitt
The Nomad Men’s Harvester Water & Windproof Hunting Glove with Magnetic Flip Mitt comprises 100% polyester and features a pull-on closure. They are manufactured by a highly reputable brand that knows exactly what it’s doing. The gloves are made out of stretch fleece, which is durable, extremely quiet, and quite warm. It also features a magnetic flip top that reveals half-finger gloves for maximum dexterity.
- Half-finger gloves for dexterity
- 100% Polyester
- The magnetic flip-top can be noisy
5. eMitt Multi-Purpose Flip-top Mitten
If you are a hunter who would love to use some of your gear for purposes other than hunting, then you will appreciate this eMitt Multi-Purpose Flip-top Mitten. These mittens feature a flip top that is available in five sizes, which reveals full fingered lightweight gloves that allow for dexterity while keeping your hands warm. They also have grippy dots that help improve your grip, and they are made out of water-resistant material.
- They have zippered pockets, which can get rather noisy
6. Scent-Lok Men’s Fleece Pop Top Gloves
Scent-Lok mittens are not only designed with excellent quality in mind but also durability and practicality. These Scent-Lok Men’s Fleece Pop Top Gloves feature Carbon Alloy technology, which ensures that the mittens have maximum odor absorption, which keeps the sweat from your hands from scaring away the deer. They are warm, comfortable, and have a pop-top, which reveals half-finger gloves for maximum dexterity.
- Carbon Alloy technology for odor absorption
- Pop top for half-finger gloves
- The mittens have a magnetic closure, which and be loud
7. Heat Factory Gloves with Pop-Top Mittens
If you are a hunter who loves hunting in extremely cold weather, you might want to get yourself a pair of hunting mittens equipped to carry heat packets. That’s exactly what you get with these Heat Factory Gloves with Pop-Top Mittens. These are fleece gloves that have a fold-back pop-top, which gives way to warm full-finger gloves that allow for full dexterity. They also have sewed-in pockets underneath the fingers (on the pop top), which hold the Heat Factory Hand Warmers for extra heat while out on the hunt.
- Pop top with sewed in pockets for Heat Factory Hand Warmers
- Full finger gloves
- Comfortable fleece material
- Comes with one pair of Heat Factory Hand Warmers
- Magnetic enclosure for pop top isn’t as quiet as the manufacturer says
8. Palmyth Ice Fishing Gloves Convertible Mittens
Who says hunting is all about big game? If you enjoy ice fishing instead, you will love these Palmyth Ice Fishing Gloves Convertible Mittens. Insulated with 40 grams 3M Thinsulate, these pop-top mittens are comfortable and extremely warm. They pop back to reveal half-finger gloves that allow for excellent dexterity. They also feature silicone palm grips that not only enhance your grip but also keep the gloves from suffering too much under the daily wear and tear.
- Silicone palm grips
- Half-finger gloves
- Reflective strips for nighttime security
- A bit pricey
9. SITKA Gear Blizzard GTX Mitten
These SITKA Gear Blizzard GTX Mitten are available in several sizes from medium to large and x-large. They are made out of innovative material that is rugged and waterproof. The material is good enough to keep out snow, rain, wind, and that biting cold that would keep you from enjoying your hunt. While it might at first appear bulky, it has a PrimaLoft insulated liner, which is removable. This liner is what makes these gloves extremely warm and comfortable.
- Has a removable PrimaLoft insulated liner
- Not very good for dexterity
Any one of these hunting mittens is ideal for extremely frigid weather out in the woods.