Guns have been around fora long time, and as such, they’ve been developing quite rapidly. But there are always classics that don’t die out; such is the case with the Ruger 10/22. The Ruger 10/22 was made in 1964 and is still being demanded by gun fanatics all around the world. It’s one of the most popular rimfire rifles on the market. Such popular guns deserve fitting scopes that dial out the maximum effectiveness of such beloved firearms.
- 1 Best Ruger 10/22 Scope – Overview
- 2 What Magnification Do You Need?
- 3 3 Ruger Scopes Magnifications:
- 4 What Is The Best Scope For Ruger 10/22 Charger?
- 5 8 Best Features For Ruger 10/22 Scopes:
- 6 Top 11 Best Scopes For Ruger 10/22 (2022 Reviews)
- 7 1. Simmons 511039 Matte Black Riflescope
- 8 2.TASCO MAG39X32D Rimfire Series Rifle Scope
- 9 3. Nikon Prostaff Rimfire II 3-9x40 RifleScope
- 10 4. Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7x32 RifleScope
- 11 5. BARSKA Plinker-22 RifleScope
- 12 6. Simmons .22 Mag Rimfire Riflescope
- 13 7. Tasco .22 Rimfire Riflescope
- 14 8. Nikon 6729 Prostaff Riflescope
- 15 9.Leupold VX-1 3-9x40mm Riflescope
- 16 10. Drop Zone-22 BDC by Bushnell Optics Riflescope with Rimfire Reticle
- 17 11. TRUGLO Compact Rimfire Scope 4x32mm
- 18 Frequently Asked Questions About the Ruger 10/22 Scope (FAQ)
- 18.1 How accurate is a Ruger 10/22 Rifle?
- 18.2 Can a Ruger 10/22 mount a scope?
- 18.3 Can you kill a deer with a Ruger 10/22?
- 18.4 What is the best scope for a Ruger 10/22?
- 18.5 What kind of rail is on a Ruger 10/22?
- 18.6 What is the difference between a Picatinny and a weaver rail?
- 18.7 What is a red dot sight?
- 19 Buyer’s Guide:
- 20 Conclusion
- 21 How Accurate Is A Ruger 10 22?
Best Ruger 10/22 Scope – Overview
This gun isn’t meant for very long-range scoping, but the option is always preferred. The weapon is effective at 100 yards, and we will need scopes of that caliber to help the shooter hit every mark. The Ruger 10/22 is used for hunting down small games, and as such, it needs as much accuracy as it can gain, making the need for a proper scope that much more important.
Many factors determine what would be ideal for Ruger 10/22 — factors like scope sturdiness, weatherproofing, lens illumination, the works. The accuracy of the shot ultimately depends on the shooter, but bear in mind that this gun is also used as the first real gun for people that want to learn how to shoot or hunt; this makes it more imperative to use a good quality scope.
In this list, you’ll be guided with what makes a good scope for this gun. All the features, what makes them unique, and most importantly, if these scopes are in your budget range or not!
Leupold has done it again with their standard quality in the shape of this scope. It has qualities of the best scopes of the market at a very reasonable price. If you want a sturdy scope while on a budget, then this is the best sights for Ruger 10/22.
What Magnification Do You Need?
The Ruger 10/22 is effective at 100 yards, but it needs a good scope to pick out its target. A good range of the magnification of the scope should be starting from 1 and should be up to at least 12 x magnifications. Hitting small targets from distances takes a lot of practice, and hence such magnification is adequate for shooting with the Ruger. The gun could use all the magnification power to shoot down its targets accurately.
3 Ruger Scopes Magnifications:
Your magnification depends on the target you are trying to hit. Ideally, the range mentioned above encompasses all shooting needs, but if you want to get into details, the following points will help.
The magnification should start from 6 to 9x. It’s going to take a lot of skill and practice to master this range with this rifle.
For medium range:
The magnification of this range should be 4 to 6x. It’s a lot easier to hunt at this range.
The magnification of this range should be 1 to 4x. The Ruger is optimal in these conditions and can easily shoot down your targets without much difficulty.
What Is The Best Scope For Ruger 10/22 Charger?
The best scope for the Ruger 10/22 charger is the Nikon 6729 Prostaff Riflescope. Nikon has always put quality above all else, and as such, this makes it extraordinarily compatible and optimal for the Ruger charger.
The scope is made from aluminum and polymer alloys. This makes the scope very sturdy and capable of tanking on the impact and recoil of the Ruger charger. The O-ring seal and nitrogen purging of the scope makes the scope waterproof and fog proof. This makes the scope usable in almost the harshest environments, giving it versatile use in many conditions.
The scope has a high magnification of 4-12 x, which makes the scope ideal in all combat situations. The magnification ideally helps the Ruger in mid to long-range combat, letting you take down the smallest targets from afar. It also has a 40mm objective lens that allows in a lot of light and gives incredible eye relief to the shooter. The multi-coated lenses employed in the scope will provide 98% light retention, letting you see your target very clearly. The product also has 3.7 inches of substantial eye relief. The scope also has ballistic drop compensation, which makes this optic great for calculating your shots.
8 Best Features For Ruger 10/22 Scopes:
The Ruger 10/22 is used for a limited range of shootings. The gun is usually introduced for beginners and, as such, needs great scopes to make the learning curve that much easier. The following are the features that should be present in the scopes to make them optimal for the Ruger 10/22.
- The scope should have multi-coated lenses that give a high image quality of the target you’re tracking down.
- The scope should have parallax settings so that you can have an easier time calculating your desired shot
- The scope should be sturdy so that it doesn’t break after a few shots.
- The scope should be weatherproof, especially waterproof and fog proof. If the environment hinders you, then it makes the experience unbearable.
- The adjustments of elevation and windage should be easily adjustable.
- The scope should have a variable magnification so that the user can select between close, midrange, or long-range shots, each having their effectiveness for the gun.
- The scope should be easily installable. The shooter shouldn’t have to waste time setting up his gear.
- The scope should have great eye relief so that all the users can line up their shots easily.
Top 11 Best Scopes For Ruger 10/22 (2022 Reviews)
Simmons released an exceptionally yet sturdy scope for the Ruger 10/22. The lenses are of fantastic quality with HydroShield fully coated lensing protecting the optics and increasing clarity. The parallax adjustment also helps in sighting your target by adjusting the parallax from 50 to infinity. With SureGrip, the scope is straightforward to fit on all scope rings.
- Supreme coated optical lenses.
- It has excellent parallax correction, which can be preset from 50 yards to infinity.
- Hydro shield lens coating ensures a clear sight picture.
- SureGrip rubber eases the adjustment of the scope in all conditions.
- The scope is easy to mount.
- It also has mounting rings included in its purchase.
The TASCO Rimfire Series has a lot of variety in its top-quality scopes and its shows in this product as well. The scope has an extreme magnification of 3-9x. This gives you the added benefit of looking at greater distances with much more clarity. The scope is also coated in magenta, giving it a non-reflective feature, letting you conceal your spot. The coating also provides durability and clarity advantages. Other than that, It has excellent ruggedness to be used in the wild, added with an aesthetic design. This product is the best scope for Ruger 10/22 takedown.
- The scope has an impressive magnification of 3-9x.
- The lens is measured at 32mm objective lens, giving great eye relief.
- The scope has a magenta coating, making it non-reflective.
- The optics are fully coated, giving image clarity.
- There are rings included along with the purchase.
- Easy to install on your scope rings.
- Beautiful design and durable build.
Nikon has released another high optic in the shape of the 3-9x40. This optic has Ballistic drop compensation, letting you know which bullet will hit where at what distances, saving you the ordeal of calculating your shots. It also has ballistic drop compensation to let you know how far your bullet will go. The scope also has excellent eye relief coupled with multi-coated lenses, allowing you clear images of your target. This is one of the best ranges for Ruger 10/22 in the market.
- It has ballistic drop compensation of 150 reticles.
- It has an entirely multi-coated optical system.
- It comes with Spot on Ballistic Match Technology.
- It is ruggedly designed to resist effects like water, fog, and shocks.
- It has an eye relief of 3.6 inches.
Vortex Company has released an incredibly well-performing scope with a plethora of features available to it. The construction of this scope is rugged with aircraft-grade aluminum. It's incredibly resistant to water and fog. The eye relief on this scope is fantastic and lets you aim at your target with ease with excellent eye relief and an ultra-forgiving eye box. This is one of the vortex scopes for Ruger 10/22 that you need to buy asap!
- Aircraft-grade aluminum construction.
- O-ring seal makes the lens waterproof and fog proof.
- V-plex reticle for all-purpose hunting applications.
- Excellent eye relief and an ultra-forgiving eye box that quickly your target.
- Multi-coating gives anti-reflective nature and clear image detection.
- Capped reset turrets are finger adjustable for easy zero-in.
- Second Focal Plane is used in this scope.
BARSKA has released an amazing scope in the shape of the plinker-22 rifle. The gun has many features, such as a great magnification of 9x that lets you see far and wide. The scope is also very robust in its construction, being very sturdy against factors such as water, fog, and recoil impacts. The multi-coating, amazing objective lens and great eye relief let you see the target easily under most conditions making this the best sights for Ruger 10/22.
- This scope has a magnification of 3-9x.
- The scope is waterproof, fog-proof, and shockproof.
- The multi-coated lens makes it easier to see your target.
- It has easily adjustable windage and elevation turrets.
- An incredible 3.5-inch eye relief.
- 32mm objective lens for maximum light retention.
- The optic is parallax free at 50 yards, perfect for the Ruger rifle.
Simmons has released an excellent piece of optic and has put their love and care while designing this product. The .22 Mag Riflescope has Quick target acquisition and fully coated lens for easy detection of targets. The Suregrip and one-piece construction of the scope make it easy and sturdy for any harsh environment. With waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof construction, this scope is designed to be taken anywhere, and that is why it's a favorite among hunters.
- Quick target acquisition with 3.5 inches of eye relief.
- True zero windage and elevation adjustment system.
- Suregrip adjustments for quickly adapting scope.
- Hydro shield coating for optimal target acquisition in any kind of weather.
- One-piece tube construction for lighter handling of the scope.
- Fully-coated lenses that make it optimal for target detection.
- The scope is waterproof, shockproof, and fog proof.
- Mounting rings come with the purchase.
TASCO has produced a true red dot scope for the Ruger. The scope has 11 different illumination settings, letting you seek out your target in any light settings. The multi-coating on the lenses gives you to see your targets quite easily. The eye relief on this scope is great as well. The adjustable turrets allow easily adjustable elevation and windage settings. Arguably, the best red dot for Ruger 10/22 on the market.
- It has 11 different brightness settings to be used in any light level.
- Great adjustable windage and elevation turrets.
- The extremely long battery life of the optic.
- The mountable easiness of this scope is desired.
- The optics are multi-coated for a clear image.
- The scope is waterproof.
- The sight comes with a lens cap.
- The scope has quickly detached knobs.
Nikon has put everything they had into this product because it goes beyond all expectations. The scope is pretty sturdy considering its made from polymer and aluminum alloy. Adding to its sturdiness, its fog proof, shockproof and waterproof. The magnification of this scope is impressive, going up to 12X, and that is where you can use the ballistic drop compensation.
The scope has 40mm of the objective lens that makes it easy to see your target in most conditions. With multi-coating and 3.7 inches of eye relief, it's a shooter haven. The Ruger is made for small game, and as such, this is the best scope for Ruger 10/22 squirrel hunting.
- The scope is made from aluminum and polymer, making them quite sturdy in construction.
- The scope has an amazing magnification of 4-12x.
- The scope has a 40mm objective lens, giving great eye relief to the user.
- The multi-coated lens lets in 98% of light for image clarity.
- Zero reset turret for easy aim adjustment.
- This product has 3.7 inches of substantial eye relief.
- The scope is waterproof, fog-proof, and shockproof.
- Ballistic Drop Compensation for accurate shots.
- Quick focus piece for quick target detection.
Leupold is known for its quality in scopes for guns, and the quality still shines even in this product. The product is a favorite of hunters, and with the features listed below, you can see why.
The scope has adjustable windage and elevation turrets on the side that allow for some quick changeable settings. The scope has O-ring and is nitrogen purged, making the scope fog proof and waterproof. The scope also has great magnification as well as high parallax settings that allow easy target detection. This scope is a must-have vortex scope for Ruger 10/22.
- Adjustable windage and elevation turrets.
- The optic is fog proof and waterproof.
- The Multi-coat 4 lens delivers extreme clarity.
- The scope has a high magnification of 3-9x.
- The scope has parallax settings of 150 yards.
- Multiple reticles are available for this scope.
This scope has fully multi-coated lenses, which means you'll get a bright and clear image. The side parallax adjuster and a quick eyepiece enable instant accuracy.
This is also made of an O-ring which is very durable in nature. It’s highly resistant to humidity as well as the dust particles which might get it.
You can count on getting 2x to 7x magnification for locating targets at various distances. Furthermore, the 32mm objective lens collects enough light to produce a more precise picture.
- Eyepiece with quick focus.
- Bullet Drop Compensating (BDC) reticle.
- A fast-focus eyepiece and side focus parallax adjustment
- Target turrets (1/4 MOA click value) for fine adjustments.
- Multi-coated optics provide complete brightness.
While shotguns are considered effective equipment for hunting fowl because of their dispersion, you may opt to organize those pellets closer together to take more precise shots.
This model proves to be an ideal choice since it’s fitted with optics designed especially for shotgun format weapons.
This product's diamond reticle is designed for shotgun hunting, but it's also great for deer and duck hunting. The product offers features that are difficult to find in contemporary products in the same price range.
The insides are well-constructed and scratch-resistant, making them suitable for use in harsh environments, and it’s also non-reflective.
Furthermore, if you accidentally undershoot your eye, the rubber eye guard protects you from severe recoil damage. If you want to increase the number of turkeys you bring to the table, simply mount this Ruger 10/22 optics with the Weaver-style rings that come with the kit.
- Reticle illumination in two colors (red and green)
- The reticle can be used in the dark.
- Eye relief is generous at 4”.
- It has a non-glossy matte finish.
- Doesn’t reflect a lot.
- Not prone to scratches.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Ruger 10/22 Scope (FAQ)
How accurate is a Ruger 10/22 Rifle?
The Ruger 10/22 is accurate, depending on the model that is being used. The bull barrel is much more reliable than your standard barrel. The standard barrel is much more suited for beginners, though. The simple sights are beneficial for targets that can be shot at 50 yards. If you use a scope, then you can accurately shoot up to 100 yards.
Can a Ruger 10/22 mount a scope?
In short, yes, a Ruger 10/22 can mount a scope. The rail comes inbuilt within the gun. The receiver is drilled and tapped for a scope rail to use. Just pop the scope on the rail, and you can optimize your gun scoping range and take your aim and accuracy to the next level.
Can you kill a deer with a Ruger 10/22?
Yes, the Ruger 10/22 can be used for killing deer but it is mostly used for hunting small game rather than big game. That is why the close range of prey is better. The Ruger can potentially kill a deer if shot at its vitals, but it will prove to be a bit difficult. You'll have to come in pretty close to getting a good shot and after that, placing the shot too. You will need to hit its vitals to kill the
What is the best scope for a Ruger 10/22?
The Nikon 6729 Prostaff is the best scope for the Ruger 10/22 as it gives the most significant magnification in the scopes. It’s also very well balanced out in other areas. It's built ruggedly, and it's resistant to weather effects. The scope has great eye relief and quick focus pieces, allowing for easy detection of targets. There are many more features that make this scope a must buy.
What kind of rail is on a Ruger 10/22?
The Ruger 10/22 usually includes iron sights as well as a Ruger rail. The general Ruger rail is a type of Picatinny rail – this rail is also referred to as a pick rail. It is, however, possible to exchange your current rail for something you might prefer. Some hunters prefer to change the Picatinny rail and install an alternative rail system because Picatinny rails can sometimes get in the way of your iron sights and can render your firearm useless if the scope gives out.
It is pretty easy to switch your current Ruger rail with something different like an aftermarket see-through rifle rail or a weaver rail.
What is the difference between a Picatinny and a weaver rail?
The main differences between a Picatinny rail and a weaver rail are the number of slots they have, the slot placement, and the dimensions of these two different rails.
Both the weaver and Picatinny rails are relatively easy to install on top of the Ruger 20/22 rifle and they offer a very similar look and function since both are designed to secure your scope to your firearm.
Some hunters feel that the weaver rail has a more aesthetically pleasing look while the Picatinny rail looks a bit cruder. Picatinny rails also tend to have wider slots compared to a weaver rail.
It is important to know that not all Picatinny accessories (such as iron sights, tactical lights, laser aiming modules, and slings) or scopes are compatible with weaver rails. However, weaver accessories do fit on Picatinny rails.
What is a red dot sight?
A red dot sight is a type of sight that is built into a red dot scope. Red dot optic sights fall into two main categories;
- Tube sights: These sights are short, fat riflescopes with an objective lens diameter of about 25 - 40mm and current adjustments that allow you to adjust the windage and elevation.
- Reflex sights: These are considered minimalist sights and feature a red aiming dot on an open glass that is held in place by a frame.
Red dot scopes are preferable for short-range shooting, quick shots, and the fast-moving game because the red dot design allows you to quickly spot your target through the scope.
The Ruger 10/22 is used primarily for beginners, and as such, this is the perfect gun to teach greenhorns the ropes. An enormous scope will be needed for this so that they can perfect their aim for long ranges. The weapon is used for short-range engagements, and as such, it doesn't have great effectiveness at long-range. Add a scope, and it's another story, and you have an effective range of 100 yards. There come many factors that make a proper scope, and that's why this guide is here for you. The following features are essential for the best scopes in the market.
The magnification should be varied for the user to take advantage of the riflescope. There are three magnification ranges that Ruger 10/22 is effective at.
The close range is about 25 yards. The ideal magnification used here is 1-4x. The magnification helps in targeting small targets with ease and makes it an enjoyable experience as your every shot hits on the mark.
The medium range is about 25 to 50 yards. The magnification for this is 4-6x. This magnification raises the difficulty level but helps in testing the target skills of the new user.
The long range is about 100 yards. The magnification for this scope is 6-9x. This puts the Ruger 10/22, and anyone that gets a great shot with this gun at that range has ideally mastered this gun and its shooting capabilities.
Sturdy Design & Weatherproofing:
The scope should be made from aircraft-grade aluminum or polymer alloys, making them quite sturdy and easily usable in the harshest environments. The construction allows the scopes with shockproof quality that make them resistant to the effects of recoil and the harsh handling of the gun.
The scope should have an O-ring seal and should be nitrogen purged. This helps in making the scope is waterproof and fog proof. This lets you be carefree of the environment and the elements and, as such, makes it usable in most conditions.
Great Eye Relief, Parallax-free, Windage & Elevation Settings:
The scope should have all three of these crucial features attached to it, ensuring that your scope can be effectively used to the max.
The eye relief is the distance of your eye to the scope. This is essential so that you can see the whole image that the scope offers. Usually, the edges get blurry, that is where eye relief comes in. The better the eye relief, the better you'll make out your target. So it is essential to pick out your destination.
Parallax is a presence in almost every scope. It's mostly the shifting of the crosshair when you move your eye. This causes many problems while aiming down. The scope should ideally be parallax free. If it can’t manage that, there should be dials that easily finish this problem or minimize this.
The elevation and windage elements of scope are essential in determining how far your shot will go with elevation and wind conditions taken into consideration. This is a present problem and is the most difficult to deal with. The scope should have easily adjustable dials that help the user know how far and how effective his shots will go.
There are quite a few good scopes that are perfectly compatible and functional on a Ruger 10/22. We hope that this guide made it easier for you to choose the right magnified scope for this popular semi-automatic rifle.
If you are also in the market for rifle scopes for some of your other hunting rifles, or perhaps need other types of quality hunting gear like a good hunting backpack, a quality rangefinder, or a couple of snake-proof boots then you should explore some of our other guides. The reviews we have on 10 Range Finder are specially developed to help you find the best possible hunting gear for any type of hunting expedition.