- 1 Things to Consider When Buying Snake Proof Boots
- 2 Reviews of The Best Snake Proof Boots
- 2.1 1. Chippewa Men’s 17″ Mocc-Toe Pull-On 23909 Snake Boot
- 2.2 2. Lacrosse Men’s Venom Scent APG HD Snake Boot
- 2.3 3. Lacrosse Men’s Adder 18” Snake Boot
- 2.4 4. Danner Men’s Pronghorn Snake Side-Zip Hunting Boot
- 2.5 5. Muck Boot Pursuit Men’s Rubber Snake Boot
- 2.6 6. Chippewa Men’s 17″ Pull On 23913 Snake Boot
- 2.7 7. Chippewa Men’s 17″ Back Zip Mocc Toe Pull On 23922 Snake Boot
- 2.8 8. Muck Boot Woody Blaze Cool Men’s Rubber Snake Boot
- 2.9 9. Danner Men’s Sharptail Snake Boot 17″ Dark Brown Hunting Boot
- 2.10 10. Lacrosse Men’s 4X Alpha Snake Hunting Boot
- 3 Snake Boot Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Final Words
Things to Consider When Buying Snake Proof Boots
Quality snake-proof boots can literally save your life. So for all explorers and travel enthusiasts, buying a strong and high-quality snake-proof boot is crucial.
Here’s a list of the top 6 things that every snake proof boot should have:
1. Better Coverage
Snakes are living creatures, and unlike nails and splinters, they won’t just attack the base of your feet. They can climb up your boot, wrap themselves around your leg, and bite your ankle.
Because snakes have a wide range of movement for striking, it’s crucial to look for a boot that provides maximum protection from snake bites. Longer boots cover up a larger part of your leg and reduce the odds of a painful or deadly snake bite.
2. Strong & Quality Material
The only thing that stands between your legs and the venomous fangs of a snake is your boot, so you need to make sure that the material is strong enough to prevent the fangs from penetrating your skin and releasing the venom.
Certain materials considered apt for making snake-proof boots are Cordura nylon, leather, Kevlar, and denim. Usually, these boots are made of a mixture of 2 or more of these materials. The blend of these materials is woven tightly to leave no gap for the fangs to pierce through.
Although the primary purpose of snake-proof boots is to protect you from a vicious snake attack, they won’t be of any use unless you feel comfortable walking in them. People who buy snake-proof boots usually use them during their outdoor adventures. A stiff shoe that leaves you with aching feet is undoubtedly not travel-friendly.
The key to buying the perfect snake-proof boot is to select a material that’s soft on your feet yet hard enough to prevent snake bites.
Snakes are stealthy and deadly creatures that can attack in fractions of a second with the right trigger. Therefore, you need to check the closures and structure of the boot to ensure that not even an inch of your skin is exposed to a potential attack.
Zippers are a widely popular closure option for shoes. However, since forests don’t provide the right environment to maintain your shoe, you might end up breaking the zipper, leaving the back of your leg exposed and vulnerable. It’s recommended that you either go for slip-on boots or lace boots for enhanced protection.
Although you need sturdy and thick material to protect your feet from unforeseen snake attacks, it also needs to be breathable and allow for sufficient air circulation.
Sweaty feet produce an unwanted stench and can cause skin infection and rashes, which will certainly make your trip into the wild pretty unpleasant.
Snake-proof boots should be waterproof as well. After all, you’ll be in the middle of the wilderness, and you never know when an absolute downpour or a small stream will drench your boots.
Quick Answer – Snake Proof Boots
6. Chippewa Men’s Pull On Snake Boot
Reviews of The Best Snake Proof Boots
1. Chippewa Men’s 17″ Mocc-Toe Pull-On 23909 Snake Boot
Your feet will be both comfortable and safe inside this pair. It will fit perfectly with your feet. You can even wear this with your stylish outfits to look unique and attractive. This pair of boots is made of genuine leather.
This type of leather is not stiff and won’t hamper your flexibility. When you wear this pair of boots, your feet will be safe inside. Snakes will be unable to cause harm. Soles of these boots are durable enough.
The structure of these soles makes sure you walk or run even on the harshest surface perfectly. The welt of these boots is single stitched. There are buckle straps at the ankle. These straps are for adjustment of the boots with your leg.
- American brown bison leather is used to make this pair of boots.
- The welt is single stitched and stitched nicely.
- Vibram soles are integrated.
- Pebbled-leather uppers and moccasin toes are featured.
- Adjustable buckle straps are integrated.
- The leather used here is not stiff at all.
- The only problem with this product is the buckles. The construction of the buckles is average and not so durable.
- Experts prefer this pair with heavy socks for hundred percent flexibility.
2. Lacrosse Men’s Venom Scent APG HD Snake Boot
This pair of snake boots has many user-friendly features. The structure and the materials ensure the matter. The manufacturer has done a great job by using both Leather and Fabric to make these boots.
By this, you have both durability and protection features. Not just this, these boots also ensure the boots adjust perfectly with the shape of your feet.
Because of this, you will feel no pain wearing them for a long time. The rubber soles help you to walk firmly on the hardest surface of your journey. The snake bite protection is flexible and doesn’t hamper your normal movement. The boots are capable of keeping your feet fully dry on the rainy days.
- The shafts are 18 inches long from the arch.
- Polyurethane Footbed is removable.
- 360-degree snake guard feature protects your feet from the biting of snakes.
- Side zips are integrated for the user’s satisfaction.
- Dry-core lines ensure scent-free barrier.
- Fully waterproof snake boots.
- The stitching is very poor. You might have to fix them for hundred percent service.
- You might feel warm inside these boots in hot summer days.
3. Lacrosse Men’s Adder 18” Snake Boot
If you are a serious adventure lover, then these boots will be worth buying for you. With the combination of Leather and durable Fabric, this pair of boots can provide you the maximum comfort you can wish from a pair of snake boots.
The exceptional part of this pair is the soles. The soles are different from other soles. They are durable Synthetic soles. They can even perform better too.
Even slippery surface will feel like normal plain surface when you wear these boots. The 2 inches heels help to walk and run comfortably wearing these boots.
You don’t have to worry if you are facing rain on your journey. Because the waterproof feature of this product is totally satisfying. You can keep your feet dry even when you are walking in rain or putting your feet in a watery area. You can even adjust this boots quite easily too.
- Shafts are 17 inches in length from the arch.
- 2 inches long heels are integrated.
- 1000 Denier Nylon ensures the boots will perform for a very long time.
- The boots are scent free.
- Pull loops are integrated for easy adjustment and fitting.
- Fully waterproof structure.
- Synthetic soles are integrated.
- The quality of stitching is not better than other products. It may fail easily.
4. Danner Men’s Pronghorn Snake Side-Zip Hunting Boot
Quality materials such as Nylon, Leather, and Rubber are used to give these boots a structure. From soles to shafts every part can attract a hunter.
One of the useful fact about this product is it can fit nicely. The sizes are accurate and reasonable. You won’t feel too tight or too loose wearing these boots.
The non-insulation feature is one of these boots main features. The shafts of these boots are made of both Nylon and Durable Leather. You can wear this pair of boots quite easily.
Lace system tightening allows you to tighten the boots according to your comfort. Because of this, you can adjust the boots easily for flexible movement in any surface. So, these boots can provide you with each and every type of facility you want.
- 1000 Denier Nylon gives strength and durability to the boots.
- The boots are breathable enough to give you comfort. GORE-TEX liners ensure this feature.
- These boots are fully waterproof.
- Between the liners and exteriors, flexible snake protection fabric is inserted.
- Allows you to tighten according to your comfort.
- Rubber soles help you to walk on any surface.
- The leather is not much softer as it should be.
- The finishing is not perfect.
5. Muck Boot Pursuit Men’s Rubber Snake Boot
Muck Boot Pursuit Men’s Rubber Snake Boots are quite helpful when you are going to pass through be walking a place where poisonous snakes live.
We already said that rubber is used to make this product. The soles are also made of rubber to increase the durability feature.
This pair of rubber boots adjusts with your feet’s shape perfectly. That is why your feet will feel no pain wearing the boots. The construction of this pair of boots will behave much friendly.
These boots are capable of preventing the moisture of your skin to keep your feet cool inside. The boots can even keep your feet dry on rainy days too. So, these boots are perfect for any type of weather condition.
- Designed basically for hunters and other adventure lovers.
- Full rubber exterior protects your lower parts of the legs from biting of snakes.
- Internal neoprene feature helps the boots to keep your feet dry in wet weather condition.
- The boots adjust with the shape of your feet properly.
- A user can even run on slippery surfaces wearing this pair of snake boots.
- The rubber exterior is a little bit stiff.
6. Chippewa Men’s 17″ Pull On 23913 Snake Boot
With the combination of leather and fabric, Chippewa’s 23913 Snake Boots are capable of providing you the best service. The manufacturer has used leather for a vital reason.
Leather doesn’t get any effect from biting of a poisonous creature. That is why the manufacturer has used leather to cover up your feet and make them safe.
The soles of these boots are also quite good. They can perform better than other similar products. They can help you walk or run easily. Your feet can be flexible wearing these boots.
The boots are pretty much light. The insoles of these boots will make you feel comfortable and make sure that your feet don’t feel pain when you wear them for a long time.
Along with the safety and comfort features, this pair of boots is quite fashionable. You can wear them when you are visiting someone’s house or you can attend a function wearing this pair of stylish boots.
- The vamp leather used in the boots is thick enough to protect your feet.
- Vibram rubber outsoles are durable and perform well.
- Orthotic cushion insoles give your feet relief all the time.
- 17 inches Viper cloth shafts protect the lower parts of the legs from the snake attack.
- Light weighted construction ensures flexibility of your legs.
- Straps are a little bit tighter. But still, the boots are comfortable enough.
7. Chippewa Men’s 17″ Back Zip Mocc Toe Pull On 23922 Snake Boot
The manufacturer has used the combination of leather and textile to make this attractive pair of boots. A positive part of all Chippewa boots is you can wear them for both adventure trips and occasional functions.
It enriches your style. People will start putting their eyes on you when you wear these boots to roam around the city. The structure of this pair of stylish boots makes you wear it easily within no time.
The shafts are durable enough and protect your lower part of the legs from biting of poisonous snakes. Even the lower parts of these boots make you feel comfortable and keep your feet secured inside.
The soles of these boots are durable enough to give you flexible movement for a long time. You can walk on any worse surfaces wearing these boots.
- Both leather and textile are used to give structure to this product.
- Vibram soles are integrated for ensuring better performance.
- Vipercloth shafts are durable and make you feel comfortable.
- Shafts are 17 inches in length.
- Back zippers are integrated so that you can easily wear them.
- Velcro flap cover zippers are integrated.
- The cuffs are a little bit smaller. It might cause a few users trouble.
8. Muck Boot Woody Blaze Cool Men’s Rubber Snake Boot
The soles of these boots are made of rubber. This product ensures you walk and run quite comfortably. These boots have lots of user-friendly features. It takes lots of care of your feet.
The rubberized body of the boots always protects your feet from poisonous biting. It also takes good care of moisture issue. It can provide quality service even on rainy days.
These boots are perfect for wearing on hunting trips. The rubber exterior is quite durable and capable of providing service for a long period of time. These boots are puncture tested.
Internal neoprene ensures you can perform movement quite easily. You can even be flexible even when you are wearing these for a quite long time.
- The exterior is made of hundred percent Rubber material.
- Comfort and flexibility are confirmed by 4 mm internal neoprene.
- XpressCool fabric lining prevents moisture of the skin to keep your feet dry and cool during hot summer days.
- Rear pull loops are integrated.
- Etc Sockliner prevents friction of underfoot. Also helps reducing heat build-up.
- Lightweight cushioning feature integrated.
- You might feel the ankle parts tighter than other parts of the boots.
9. Danner Men’s Sharptail Snake Boot 17″ Dark Brown Hunting Boot
Soles of this pair of boots are completely made of quality rubber. An amazing fact of this awesome pair of boots is the weight which is pretty much light.
You won’t feel uncomfortable while performing movement wearing these boots. You will get flexibility all the time. These boots are soft enough and fit perfectly.
Snake protection feature is fabulous here. These boots can definitely protect your feet in the wild places. These boots also protect your feet from wet weather conditions.
The manufacturer has given it such structure that doesn’t allow water to go inside of boots and wet your feet. Another reason is the fitting. When foot wears fit perfectly, there will be no chance that water will irritate you.
- Combination of Nylon and Full-grain leather is used to make the boots.
- Soles are made of durable rubber.
- Fully snake proof from bottom to top.
- GORE-TEX waterproof feature integrated for protecting your feet from wet weather conditions.
- Ortholite footbeds are used in these boots.
- Rugged hardware ensures durability.
- The cuffs might feel a little bit tight. But it happens rarely with few customers.
10. Lacrosse Men’s 4X Alpha Snake Hunting Boot
The manufacturer has made this pair especially for hunting purpose. You can wear this pair of hunting boots in any conditions. Quality was not compromised when the manufacturer has given this pair structure and design.
The material maintains quality highly. Rubber is used to make these boots. As rubber is used here, you can be sure that this pair of boots can be worn even in wet weather.
The design makes sure that it provides the waterproof feature to the customers. Soles always play a vital role. You should judge the quality of the soles of boots.
You will see that these boots have quality soles. Even these soles are also made of quality rubber. Underfoot cushioning feature helps you always feel comfortable when you are wearing this pair of hunting boots.
- Soles of these boots are made of quality rubber.
- Hand laid rubber is used to make this pair of boots.
- Given structure especially for hunting trips.
- The shafts are 14.5 inches long from the arch approximately.
- Waterproof alpha construction ensures the boots to provide service on rainy days.
- Underfoot cushioning has four layers to make you feel comfortable.
- Your feet might feel a little bit warmer inside these boots if you wear them for a long period of time.
Snake Boot Frequently Asked Questions
Can snakes bite through leather boots?
Yes, some snake species can bite through leather boots. However, most snake species do not have the biting strength to penetrate the upper of a thick leather boot like cowboy boots. But the thin fangs of some species can get through a thin leather upper and can even manage to deliver a dose of venom into your skin.
The feet are also the most critical part of your body because snakes are mostly found hiding in thick brushes close to the ground.
Pit vipers, rattlesnakes, copperheads, and cottonmouths are some of the snake species with a bite force that is powerful enough to get through thin leather boots. It is estimated that the bite force of a rattlesnake is about 150 psi.
It is always better to choose a boot or walking shoe that is made with thick leather uppers. If you hunt or hike in a region with lots of snakes then it is always recommended to wear a boot that is specially developed to withstand snake bites.
What makes a boot snake-proof?
Snake boots are usually made from puncture-proof materials and they usually consist of a combination of materials like thick hide leather, rubber, neoprene, and polyurethane.
Most snake species cannot bite through thick leather. By adding additional layers of materials like rubber, neoprene, or polyurethane over or inside the layer or by using a combination of some of these other materials, the exterior of the boot is thickened and strengthened.
Most snake-proof boots are also specially developed to keep them lightweight despite the additional layering so you can continue walking for miles without feeling too exhausted.
Where do snakes bite the most?
The areas on human bodies that are most likely to be bitten by a snake are the hands, feet, and ankles. Naturally, a snake can bite you on any spot on your body, but these are the parts that are most often bitten because many snake species prefer to flee when they encounter a human. Snakes usually only strike out when they feel threatened.
It is also relatively easy to make these animals feel threatened because they can be so difficult to spot out in the wild. It is very common to step right next to or on top of a snake without ever noticing it. The snake will instinctively launch towards the part of your body that is closest. This is mostly your feet but can be your hands if you are pushing vegetation out of the way or trying to shield yourself from the snake.
If you are going to wear snake-proof boots, you need to choose which pair will be best for your needs. For your benefit, we found the top ten snake-proof boots on the market. You can pick any of those snake boot pairs for your next adventure trip and rely on any of them as all of them can keep your feet safe and secure even in the toughest situations.
We hope that this guide helped you find a quality pair of boots. And if you are looking for other hunting accessories like a quality rangefinder or a good hunting duffle bag to use along with your boots then you should have a look at some of the other guides we have on 10 Range Finders.
10 Best Snake Proof Boots
You May Also Like to Read