These hunting duffle bags come in handy when you are out in the field and need to carry a lot of equipment or if you want to carry a lot of meat back to your campsite without struggling.
In this guide, we are going to take a look at ten great hunting duffle bags and help you choose the right one for your hunting expeditions.
What to Look For Before Purchasing a Hunting Duffle Bag
Various outdoor gear companies offer a variety of high-quality hunting duffle bags. This makes choosing one quite a hassle.
Duffle bags are available in a variety of sizes, designs, colors, and shapes. Before committing to one, evaluate the following considerations to see if the duffle bag will meet your needs.
- Zippers and Pockets
- Water Resistance
- Endurance & Price
The Benefits of a Duffle Bag
The duffle bag has several obvious advantages, including:
- These bags are water-resistant and can withstand harsh conditions.
- You can find the duffel bags in all kinds of styles and designs to match your needs.
- These bags come with plenty of side pockets that can be used to store small items.
What’s a Good Duffle Bag Size?
Most weekend trips require duffle bags with a capacity of approximately 50 liters. However, the exact capacity would depend on the amount of stuff you wish to carry. If you’re going on a trip that will last more than a week, go for a huge one. Whereas, a bag with less than 50 liters of capacity would be ideal for shorter trips.
What is the best way to pack a duffle bag?
Packing is an underrated traveling skill. However, it’s essential if you want an organized trip. Here’s how you can go about packing your bags:
Fold The Edges Inwards
Fold the upper edges of your duffle bag down to enable easy access to the bag’s bottom when you’re packing it. As you fill the bag, you’ll fold them back up.
Begin With The Lowest-priority Items
Fill your bag’s bottom with goods you won’t need right away. If you’re packing non-clothing goods, make sure to place only the most durable items in the duffle’s bottom compartment.
Fold your clothes into compact rolls. This would increase the space inside your bag. With proper clothing arrangements, you wouldn’t need to invest in a larger bag.
Make Sure The Bag Is Secure
After you’ve packed everything, make sure the bag is secure with a little lock. Ensure that the weight of the bag isn’t skewed and evenly distributed. This makes it easier to carry.
Reviews of the Best Hunting Duffle Bag
1. Maxpedition Fliegerduffel Adventure Bag
2. Maxpedition SOLODUFFEL Adventure Bag
3. UTG All-in-1 Ultimate Range Competition Bag
4. Condor Colossus Duffle Bag
5. Under Armour Men’s SC Duffle
6. EXPLORER Mt20p Bags
7. Fieldline Pro Series Ultimate Field Haul Duffle
8. EXPLORER Mossy Oak Realtree Camo Duffel Bag
9. Bulldog Cases Deluxe Muddy Girl Range Bag
10. Fox Outdoor Products Jumbo Mechanic’s Tool Bag
1. Maxpedition Fliegerduffel Adventure Hunting Duffle Bag
The design of this bag can truly help you to keep your gear safe during your journey. The duffle bag has several pockets and compartments. The primary part has 2,600 cubic inches of space for you to store your belongings.
The structure of this duffle bag is quite well. You can carry your hunting gears and other equipment separately in separate compartments according to your wish.
You’ll typically find two exterior and two inside pockets and a top exterior sleeve pocket. These pockets can be used to store small items. The hunting bag also includes a GPS holder on the top outside.
The duffle bag has enough space inside. You can organize your stuff well inside this duffle bag. There is a shoulder strap with this travel bag. You can use it quite comfortably.
The shoulder strap is padded to give you full comfort while you are carrying the bag. The backpack straps of this bag are quite useful too.
You can carry this bag quite easily without facing any sorts of problem. The hydration pocket is another good part of this duffle bag.
- The bag is made of durable fabric which allows you to use the bag for a quite long time.
- Capable of protecting your stuff inside from any sorts of harm.
- A user can carry the bag in several ways according to his comfort.
- The hydration pocket is integrated.
- The duffle bag fits in most of the carry-on compartments.
- The webbing of the straps is not so good.
- No handles are present on the side of the bag.
2. Maxpedition SOLODUFFEL Adventure Hunting Duffle Bag
We have included this bag in the best hunting duffle bag list because of its sturdy performances. The bag has most of the latest features you may expect from a quality duffle bag.
You can expect this bag to perform for many years without having issues with it. The fabric used in this duffle bag is quite thick.
It can keep your stuff inside safe in any sort of harsh conditions. There is enough room inside this bag to allow you to carry all the stuff you need.
The shoulder strap of this duffle bag is not stiff at all. It is quite comfortable. You will be able to carry the bag easily with the help of this shoulder strap.
The shoulder strap is padded. This padded feature actually ensures most of the facilities when you carry this bag. They don’t break or fail suddenly to cause you any trouble.
- The Nylon is used as the fabric to make this bag.
- The fabric of this bag is thick and durable.
- The muffle bag provides you with water resistance feature.
- The muffle bag is capable of holding the actual shape of it.
- Two straps are integrated.
- The interior capacity is quite enough.
- There is nothing special about the zippers. They are average in quality. Durability is not expected much from these zippers.
3. UTG All-in-1 Ultimate Range Competition Duffle Bag
This bag has the capability to keep your stuff safe and well in any harsh situations for several years. The construction of this bag ensures to provide users with durability.
The structure of this bag lets you use the bag on a regular basis. It will not put any effect on the bag durability fact. The bag is designed pretty well by the manufacturer, UTG.
The interior room is quite enough for any demand. The pockets are organized well. You can organize every gear or thing separately. Apart from the structure, you will also be satisfied when you carry this duffle bag.
The bag has another amazing feature. Many of the pockets or parts of the bag are removable. You can remove them when you don’t need them.
You will get both shoulder strap and duty handles with this bag. The strap and handles have the non-slip facility. You can hold them firm in your journey.
- The bag has a very sturdy construction.
- The synthetic material is used in this bag.
- Capable of meeting harsh situations every day.
- The pockets of the bag are well-organized.
- The top of the bag has a quality zippered closure system with two zippers integrated.
- Users can carry the bag comfortably.
- The zipper tracks are hard. It can be irritating sometimes.
4. Condor Colossus Duffle Bag
This bag was made for several purposes. It can be used as both a backpack and shoulder bag perfectly. That is why it is called one of the best hunting duffle bags in the market.
The main compartment of this duffle bag is pretty much bigger than other common bags. The zippers are also friendly too. They have pull tabs along with them.
Mesh pockets are also integrated here. It will help you to keep your small necessary gears in a place where you could easily access without opening the other pockets.
You will be amazed to know that these mesh pockets are also zippered. ID window will help you to attach an ID card to detect your bag quite easily where people have put many bags.
There is also a compression strap integrated. It will help you to adjust the size and shape of the bag. By this, you will be able to carry the bag precisely.
- Made of durable and thick material.
- Can hold enough stuff. The external dimension of the duffle bag is 66×25.4×30.5 cm.
- Capable of performing a hundred for many years continuously.
- The stitching of this duffle bag is solid enough to stay strong.
- Quality zippers are integrated.
- Perfect bag for camping or hunting purpose.
- There is no major negative side of this bag. But few of the users might feel the lack of several side pockets.
5. Under Armour Men’s SC Duffle Bag
Under Armour has made this bag mainly for sports purpose. But you can also use this while you are on a hunting trip. The bag is pretty much larger than the common size.
So, it will be a perfect choice if you wish for a bag to carry much more stuff than others do. Because of this reason, you can also use this bag for carrying your stuff and gears on longer trips.
Many of you might consider this bag as a heavier one. But the truth is this bag is lighter than many large bags in the market. On the sides, you will be able to find two smaller compartments apart from the main one.
These compartments are also quite large. They have ample space inside. There is also a zippered mesh pocket with inside. It is with the lid flap. The backpack straps of the duffle bag perform well. You can have high expectations when you buy this bag.
- Perfect choice for people who wish for larger bags.
- A helpful bag on hunting trips of longer periods.
- Has two side compartments integrated on each side of the bag.
- Both of the side compartments have enough space inside to carry many gears.
- The bag weights lighter than other similar bags.
- Quality straps are integrated.
- The bag is stitched well.
6. EXPLORER Mt20p Duffle Carrying Bags
We have put the name of this bag in our best hunting duffle bag list because of its capability of performing consistently anywhere and anytime.
Inside the bag, you will find the PE board. There is a shoulder strap so that you can hang the bag with your shoulder when you are carrying it.
To reduce your problem, the manufacturer has integrated two mesh pockets. You can keep your essential small tools inside them. By this, you can get access to your tools anytime.
Apart from all the mandatory features, you will find another feature, the color pattern. The camouflage color pattern makes this muffle bag more eligible for hunting purpose.
We already mentioned that this bag is made to last longer. So, you can even use this bag in rough conditions too. The stitching of this bag is quite pleasing. It will help to keep the bag strong all the time. Apart from hunting, you can take this bag on many types of trips.
- The 600D Polyester material is used to make the bag for multi-purpose.
- The fabric will give you water resistance facility.
- Mossy Oak camouflage pattern makes the muffle more capable for storing your stuff on hunting trips.
- Apart from one main pocket, there are two side pockets and a long front pocket.
- Rubber stubs are integrated.
- The zipper cords have poor quality. They might fail suddenly.
7. Fieldline Pro Series Ultimate Field Haul Duffle Bag
It doesn’t matter whether you want to buy a duffle bag for hunting, fishing, or camping purpose. You can surely buy this duffle bag. The manufacturer, Fieldline has given this bag a precise structure.
There is enough room inside the bag for keeping all the essential things you need during the journey. The camouflage print of the bag has made the bag perfect for hunting trips.
The fabric is one of the advantages of the bag. The fabric used here is durable enough. It can bear much abuse regularly. The fabric is not stiff like other duffle bag fabrics.
There is a wide front pocket. Apart from this, you will find two more side pockets on each side of the bag. All the pockets are organized perfectly.
These pockets are simple to reach. The duffle bag also has a zipped storage sack in addition to these pockets.
You will see an adjustable shoulder strap with this duffle bag. Apart from it, you will also find two handles to carry the bag. This makes it ideal for hunting expeditions. The heavy-duty polyester fabric makes the bag extremely robust.
- Water resistant and durable Polyester fabric is used to make this duffle bag.
- The polyester fabric is soft but doesn’t fail in harsh situations.
- You can get access to your stuff easily with the help of easily accessible main wide pocket.
- Quality and realistic camouflage pattern are used here.
- Two carry handles and one adjustable shoulder strap is integrated to carry the bag.
8. EXPLORER Mossy Oak Realtree Camo Duffle Bag
It can be the best hunting duffle bag for you if you are looking for something to perform better. The compact size of this duffle bag is quite attractive.
The main section of the duffle bag is a large u-shaped compartment where you may keep all of your hunting gear. It also includes two lengthy side pockets, which can be used to store small items.
Though the bag is small, you can still pack your enough stuff inside this bag. The exterior size of this bag is accurately told by the manufacturer.
You can pack your ammo, knives, medicines, scents, and many other gears and tools inside this bag. You can also use this bag for a couple of days camping.
The handles of the bag are durable. Mossy Oak is made of high-density 600D materials, making it extremely durable.
You can comfortably hold the handles to carry the bag. As a result, it’s not only long-lasting but also resistant to tearing, fading, mildew, and dampness.
Beside this, you will also get a shoulder strap which is padded too. There is a main central pocket in this duffle bag.
Aside from the pockets, the main compartment has zippers to secure your gear. The bag also features two thick webbings that can be used to secure hunting equipment.
The central pocket is quite large and roomy inside. With the main pocket, there are also two side pockets. These pockets also have enough room inside to carry your small gears and tools.
- Made of durable and sturdy fabric to last longer.
- Mossy Oak camouflage pattern is integrated which looks quite realistic.
- Weights lighter so that the user feels comfortable to carry it.
- Durable handles integrated that doesn’t rip off so easily.
- The padded shoulder strap is also integrated.
- The durable structure is given to this duffle bag so that it can stay strong all the time.
- The zippers are not durable at all.
- The size might be an issue for a few users.
9. Bulldog Cases Deluxe Muddy Girl Range Duffle Carry Bag
The bag now we are showing is made by the company named Bulldog Cases. The fabric is the main positive part of this duffle bag.
Ballistic Nylon is one of the strongest fabric currently in the market. So, you can expect this bag to stay strong and well for many years.
The Nylon fabric is also water resistant. It makes this bag eligible for any type of weather condition. The bag has a large main compartment.
The main compartment is double zippered. You can open it easily. The main compartment also has a divider. You can also remove this divider if you wish. But the main compartment doesn’t contain any type of additional pocket or pouch.
There are also outer pockets to store your necessary and small gears or tools. You can hang this bag with your shoulder with the help of the shoulder strap.
The shoulder strap o this bag is fully adjustable. This bag will be a perfect choice to carry ammo, small weapons, and other essential tools.
- Strong ballistic Nylon is used to make this small duffle bag.
- Water resistance feature will protect your stuff inside from wet weather condition.
- The main compartment has a divider which can be removed according to your demand.
- Two outer pockets are integrated.
- Durable stitching makes sure that you can use the bag for many years.
- The zippers break off quite easily.
10. Fox Outdoor Products Jumbo Mechanic’s Tool Bag
The manufacturer of this bag is Black Legion. The company has given this bag a very simple and appreciable structure and design.
The bag is one of the best duffle bags for several purposes. You can buy this for photography purpose, fishing purpose, hunting purpose, and many more.
Most of the people use this bag as the tool bag. You can carry your essential tools and gears inside this bag when you are on a longer trip. The bag is enough roomy inside.
You will surely able to pack your all necessary basic stuff inside this bag. Along with roomy inside, the bag is quite strong. The bag is capable of going through many harsh situations without getting any sorts of harm.
There are also side pockets available to organize your every stuff separately. There interior pockets which are pretty much smaller. You can carry your keys, phone, folding knives inside those interior pockets.
- The strong fabric of the bag ensures the durability fact.
- The zippers are also great. They don’t break down so easily.
- You can carry heavier items inside this bag without any hesitation. It will cause nothing to the bag.
- The quality of the handles is quite satisfying.
- The thick material of this bag helps to hold the accurate shape of the bag.
- The manufacturer has mentioned the wrong size. The accurate size is smaller than what the company has said.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Best Duffle Bag for Hunting
Q: What size duffle bag do you need for elk hunting?
A: For elk hunting, a duffle bag with a size of 2000 cubic inches (32 liters) to 5500 cubic inches (about 100 liters) is preferable. Most hunters choose a duffle bag with a 40-50 liter capacity for a three-day hunting expedition because it is large enough to fit gear, food, and water. For a five-day hunting expedition, a larger duffle bag of about 90-100 liters is more suitable, although carrying so much food, water, and accessories can become heavy.
Q: How much can a hunting duffle bag fit?
A: The amount of a duffle bag can fit or the capacity of the duffle bag can vary because duffle bags come in so many different sizes.
Hunting duffle bags vary from as small as 20-liter capacity bags up to 100-liter capacity bags. 20-liter hunting bags are usually recommended for one-day hunting expeditions or trips. A 50-liter capacity is better suited for carrying clothing and hunting gear for a two or three-day trip. For a four or five-day trip, it is usually best to have a duffle bag with a 75-liter capacity. For any hunting trip that extends beyond five days, it is usually recommended to get a large 100-liter duffle bag.
Q: What are the most important features of hunting duffle bags?
A: The most important features to look for when shopping for the right duffle bag for hunting are: duffle bag size, duffle bag materials, waterproofing, external pockets and loops, internal pockets, external compression straps, removable shoulder straps, and sturdy carry handle straps.
Most hunters prefer a 50-liter duffle bag size because this is a good size for up to three days of hunting or for carrying deboned meat.
Duffle bag materials should be durable and breathable, but shouldn’t make too much noise when you move around.
External pockets and loops allow you to add additional hunting gear that you want to access with ease. Internal pockets make it easier to organize your gear.
Compression straps are ideal for hunters because they keep your gear from flopping around inside the bag. Shoulder straps are usually optional but are a nice feature if you want to carry the bag with ease. You also need a couple of sturdy handle straps so the handles won’t snap off when hauling around a heavy load.
A duffle bag is a very essential item to carry on hunting trips. It can help you to carry your stuff precisely. It even sometimes, helps you to protect your tools from harsh situations.
A good duffle bag can also keep your things dry in wet weather condition. So, it will be an advice to you that you should judge every part of a duffle bag before buying. A lot of things do depend on your choice of duffle bags.
You May Also Like to Read