Are you looking for the latest best scope for savage 220? hunters & shooters always on searching for best-hunting scopes under your budget range in 2020!
Slug guns have always been regarded with an inferior attitude. They’ve been considered the lowest form of hunting imaginable. You’d switch out for any other weapon than go with slug guns. That all changed when the Savage arms company kept making slug firearms and perfected the formula in 2020. They made other slug guns utterly obsolete with the release of Savage Arms’ famous Savage 220 20 gauge slug gun.
10Rangefinders always writing best scopes guide for hunters & shooter under $100, $200 & $500! check our scopes guide for the money!
- 1 Savage 220 Scopes:
- 2 1.Vortex Optics Diamondback 1.75×32 Riflescope
- 3 2.Truglo 4x32mm Compact Rimfire Scope Series
- 4 3.Simmons Prodiamond Shotgun Prohunter Riflescope
- 5 4.Weaver Kaspa 1-4x24 Shotgun Riflescope
- 6 5.Nikon Prostaff P3 Shotgun BDC 200 Riflescope
- 7 6.Bushnell Trophy Shotgun Scope
- 8 7.KONUS 7249 Shotgun Riflescope
- 9 Scope Mount and Ring for Savage 220:
- 10 How to Choose Scope for Savage 220?
- 11 What magnification do you need?
- 12 5 Top Savage 220 Scopes FAQ’s
- 13 Buyer’s Guide:
Savage 220 Scopes:
The Savage 220 acts more like a rifle than any other slug gun on the market. This firearm is comparatively light with an approximate weight of 6 pounds and is extremely useful at 100 ranges, more than any weapon in its category. The Savage recoil pads are incredibly efficient in giving comfort in their recoils. The Accutrigger provides the gun with three types of loads. With this gun, you can kill a deer at 200 yards max. The gun offers a multitude of advantages such as being lightweight, providing comfortable handling, high recoil absorption, and with vast effective range for a slug gun.
The Savage220 has quickly become a favorite for hunters, and because of this, it needs excellent scopes that can maximize its efficiency. The gun is valid at 200 yards; the 100 yards distance is the most effective range, though. In this list, you’ll see the different scopes and their features that help the Savage220 standout, which will help you net the game you’re after.
Vortex has released a great scope in the shape of the Diamondback scope. The scope has Dead hold Ballistic Drop correction. The feature is essential for bullet trajectory, and with its dead hold feature, it’ll be a steady shot every time. The multi-coating feature is important for light retention; with this coating, you can see your target in most light conditions.
The scope is ruggedly constructed with Anodized finish, which makes it shockproof, add an O-ring seal and nitrogen purging, and that makes the scope resistant against the elements. It’s one of the best vortex scopes for savage 220 you’ll find anywhere.
- The scope has dead hold Ballistic Drop correction for calculation of bullet accuracy.
- Multicoated lenses help in light retention.
- Metal precision turrets for natural zero reset after sight in.
- The scope has a precision glide erector system for accurate tracking.
- O-ring and nitrogen purging makes the scope waterproof and fog proof.
- Anodized finish makes the scope shockproof.
Truglo has released an impressive scope that is sure to net you your targets in excellent conditions. The scope has the manufacturing of most of the top scopes in the market with aircraft-grade production and weather-resistant production. The scope has easy adjustment settings that will allow you easily calculated shots and excellent image clarity with the coating the scope provides. Overall, a scope worth having on your gun. The Truglo is the best savage 220 scope you can find on the market.
- The scope is made from aircraft-grade aluminum.
- The scope has a rubber eye guard for easy eye placement.
- The scope is scratch-resistant, durable, and nonreflective.
- The scope comes with rings for rimfire and air rifles.
- The scope has an O-ring seal and is nitrogen purged, making it waterproof and fog-proof.
- Easy fingertip windage and elevation adjustments under screw down caps.
Simmons has released an impressive scope that is one to give you a great scoping experience. The scope has multi-coating and excellent eye relief for easy scoping and target detection. The raised tab on the power change ring provides the scope with a great sense of stability. The scope is constructed to be taken into the harshest environments and, as such, is an enormous scope to add to your buying list. If you want a savage 220 sights worth buying, then consider this product.
- The scope has multicoated lenses that retain light inside them for optimal viewing.
- The product has exclusive true zero windage and elevation adjustment system.
- It has a raised tab that provides an excellent grip.
- The scope has an impressive 4x magnification.
- The scope has a 32mm objective lens that gives excellent eye relief.
- It comes with Quick Target Acquisition for easy target detection.
- The scope is waterproof, fog-proof, and shockproof.
Weaver has made a scope worth buying with the Kaspa muzzle scope. The scope is ruggedly constructed to be put in the harshest of environments, and it does an excellent job of showcasing its strengths even in those grueling conditions. The scope has three reticles to choose from, allowing the shooter to assert his choice in the matter. The scope is multicoated and has a 30mm objective lens that gives great image crispness and clarity.
The scope also has a compact design that makes it easily mountable, and due to its 1/4th MOA adjustment, it’s also very easy to adjust. Forums with savage 220 reviews generally favor the purchase of this scope.
- The scope has a 30mm objective lens for great eye relief.
- The scope has three reticles to choose from.
- The optic has multicoated lenses that help in image clarity and light retention.
- The scope has an O ring seal and is nitrogen purged, making it fog proof and waterproof.
- Crisp 1/4th MOA adjustment for precise accuracy.
- The compact design of the scope gives you a low-profile mounting option.
- The reticle is illuminated for better use in low light conditions.
Nikon has manufactured the best optics and scope on the planet, and they've shown their dedication once again. The scope is constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum, making it very durable. The scope has a multicoated optical system, QTA, and great eye relief to acquire, examine, and judge your target very easily and with precision. The savage 220 scope mount Nikon will go superb with this optic.
- The scope is made of rugged one-inch aircraft-grade aluminum.
- A multicoated optical system that gives maximum image clarity.
- The scope has a 200BDC reticle.
- The scope has easy windage and elevation adjustment with 1/4th MOA turrets on the side.
- The sprung loaded instant zero-reset turrets give the scope easy zero resetting option.
- The scope has Quick Target acquisition, making spotting your targets easy.
- The scope has constant eye relief.
Bushnell is one of the top leading brands in optic production, and it's continuing the trend by releasing this product. The Trophy Shotgun lens is multicoated and has a lot of light retention, and due to this, we can see our targets. The scope has an excellent magnification of 1.75 to 4x. The eye relief is also great, with 3.5 inches to supply easy scoping. You can also detect your target pretty easily with its quick target detection.
- The scope is multicoated, giving lots of light retention and clear images.
- The scope is waterproof, shockproof, and fog proof.
- The scope has a magnification range of 1.75 to 4x.
- The optic gives the eye relief of 3.5 inches.
- The optics give fast target acquisition.
- Easy adjustable windage and elevation adjustments.
- The scope is a one-piece tube constructed.
The scope is an impressive production from a relatively unknown company, KONUS. The scope speaks much more than the company's popularity as its standard is up to par with any leading international company. The scope has great magnification, along with substantial eye relief. The scope is multicoated and couple it with the nitrogen purging; you'll be able to detect your target in any condition. This scope has one of the best savage 220 reviews by its customers, so rest assured you’ll be pleased with your purchase.
- The scope has a magnification of 1.5-5, the most in this list.
- The scope has an eye relief of 3 inches.
- The scope has a duplex reticle for fast target detection.
- The optic is multicoated, giving great light retention.
- The scope is nitrogen purged, making it fog proof, it's also waterproof.
- It’s also designed to be shockproof.
- It employs finger adjustable windage and elevation adjustments.
Scope Mount and Ring for Savage 220:
There is a multitude of scope rings and mounts that can be used for the savage220, and considering the gun in question, you'll need the best of the best gear available to you. The scope mounts of the savage 220 need to have an effective range of 100 yards because that is where the gun does the most damage. The accuracy of the scope is sufficient at this range, and due to the short span of the scope, you will need sturdy rings and mounts to handle the recoil of this gun. As this gun is mostly used for beginner hunters, you will need high gear to not put them off.
The scope mount and rings need to be perfectly aligned to get the perfect alignment for the shot. If the scope rings have a difference of more than 20 %, your shot accuracy will be at stake. All these factors contribute to how well the scope rings will be able to handle the recoil. The mounts used on this gun are mostly Picatinny and Weaver rails. These are the most diversely used weavers, which makes most scope mounts and rings easily attachable to them.
Warne 1 inch Matte Rings:
The Warne 1 inch matte rings are incredibly durable and are worthy scope rings to be used with the scopes in this list. You can attach these rings to Warne mounts to have the optimal performance from them. The rings are incredibly chap but are produced with incredible production quality. The quality is so superb that it is rated in the top 30 scopes for airguns in the amazon list of popular products.
The best way to use these scope rings is by using a torque wrench for installing these scope rings. Follow the directions for torque specs in the directions, reducing the torque to 20 pounds for helping in the mounting of aluminum receivers. The setting of most optics with scope rings is one of the most challenging parts of setting up your scopes. The rings need to be high enough to allow for bolt clearance. The scope comes close to the bore as much as possible, giving a proper alignment for your aiming needs.
The mounting the scope is the hard part, but other than that, these scope rings are pleasant to use with most of your scopes and firearms, especially the savage 220.
Evolution Gun works Picatinny rail:
Picatinny rails are one of the most used rails in the gun industry, and as such high-quality Picatinny rails are in high demand. These rails are compatible with most scope mounts and rings, and hence they are primarily bought by eccentric hunters and sharpshooters. The evolution gun works Picatinny rail offers all the checklists for a standard gun rail. This Picatinny rail is specially designed for guns like the 220 savage gun, and it’s even been shortened to better suit the compatibility with the firearm mentioned above.
The design of this rail is excellent as the guns having rounded receivers with Accu-trigger will benefit from the round back of this rail. The savages models having no rounded receivers will need to install the flat back mount The shortening of the rail will be optimal for shotgun scoping. The problems that arise with the bell hitting the front of the scope will be minimized. The installation of this scope is pretty easy, with just 20-inch lbs of torque used and a drip of blue Loctite.
Overall this mount is well rounded, with no burrs or sharp edges coming out of the mount. The height is perfect for the aiming cheek position that all hunters crave. The fitting and production of the rail make it a must buy if you want to use your savage 220 to the best of its abilities. You can find savage 220 scope mount weavers, but this rail is the optimal mount.
How to Choose Scope for Savage 220?
If you want to choose a great savage 220 scope, you’ll need to look for these specific features in the savage 220:
- The scope should have Ballistic Drop correction. This feature helps in the accurate calculation of the shot you’ll be taking. This always gives the shooter the advantage of mapping out his aim for killer shots.
- The scope should be multicoated to let in as much light as possible. Light retention makes the image clear and optimally visible.
- The scope should be resistant to elements. The scope should be preferably O-ringed sealed; this helps it be ultimately waterproof and hence no worrying about the weather. The scope should also be nitrogen purged to avoid any fogging up of the optic.
- Anodized finishing of the scope will be required because it will make it nonreflective and essentially shockproof as well. The sturdier the scope, the harsher the environment you can take it in.
- The scope should have easy windage and elevation adjustment settings. The easier it will become for the user to align their shot. The scope should also have an easy zeroing feature to help in the setting up of the optic.
What magnification do you need?
The savage 220 is a short to medium range gun that is most effective at 100 yards. The magnification used for this gun shouldn't be much considering its effective range. The best range of the magnification for this gun would be from 2 t o4 magnification. The guns like Konus 7249 even has five magnification if you feel like really zooming in on your target. The magnification isn't needed for this gun as the power is excellent, and the range is short, guaranteeing you an effective shot almost all the time.
5 Top Savage 220 Scopes FAQ’s
What is a good scope setup for savage 220 slug gun?
The scope should be placed on the evolution gun works Picatinny rail because of its rounded pad feature or savage 220 scope mount weaver might be the next best option. This setup for the scopes, coupled with the Warne 1 inch Matte rings will help you hold the scope in place, better than any other combination on the market. These products are reasonably cheap and easily available, making them your first option to buy them.
How accurate is a savage 220?
The savage is a slug gun, making it ideal for short-range encounters. The savage 220 is most effective at 100 yards. The thing about this model of gun is that it has increased its range, making it viable up to 200 yards. The 200-yard mark will be useful if you have a scope on, the power of the savage 220 will allow this distance as most slug guns don't work well at that range.
How far can a savage 220 shoot?
The distance of the savage 220 is generally 200 yards. The 200-yard mark is the effective range as this gun was made to be used for close quarters, 200 yards Is the limit to which this short-ranged gun can work.
How many shells does a savage 220 hold?
The average shells that the savage 220 holds are round about 3 or 4 rounds depending on the cartridge being used. The savage 220 was designed with a rifle barrel, but it is ultimately a slug gun that limits its ammo capacity.
What ammo does a savage 220 take?
The Remington Accutip 260gr is the best recommend ammo for the savage 220. This bullet is the most massive tipped bullet you'll find anywhere on the market. The accuracy of this bullet is unbelievable at the 100-yard range. It is the best ammo type for the slug gun series of firearms.
The savage 220 is an absolute beast of a gun, the best you would buy out of the slug series of guns. It's a perfect gun for beginners, and as such, you'll need suitable scopes to enhance the experience of scoping your targets. This gun is most useful for taking out small creatures at medium to close distance. You can even take out a deer, but you'll have to get in close range. To deal with that problem, you'll have to get a proper scope, with a plethora of features that will aid you in your scoping needs.
Lucky for you, you have this buyer's guide helping you choose the best slug scope in the market, high quality made, and reasonably cheap for every type of hunter you can find. The following things are what you have to look out for when buying scopes for the savage 220.
- Ballistic Drop Correction:
The Ballistic Drop Correction is a great feature to include in any scope. This feature helps in calculating how much your bullet will drop. The greater the accuracy of your shot, the better the chances of capturing your target. There's always a bullet drop, and BDC helps the hunter anticipating their shot for distances greater than 100 yards, the intended distance of the gun.
- Multi-coating on the lenses:
The multi-coating on the lenses helps the optics retain light up to 98%. This makes the vision in the optics very clear, and the visibility of your target increases exponentially. This is standard stuff for most optics but is equally essential because without it’ll make your optic rendered useless for different types of environments.
- Sturdy and multiple elemental coating:
The scope is attached to one of the hardest hitting tools that man has created. The guns have great recoil and especially slug guns that are longer ranged shotguns. The optics will need to made from excellent material to resist the effect of breaking. The preferred material to be used is aircraft-grade aluminum; one of the best substances to make the optics.
These guns are taken to the harshest environments, and as such, they should be ready for any change of weather. Scopes should also be made with an O-ring seal so that they are completely waterproof and can be used in the most humid of environments without the fear of water clogging the scope. The optics should also be nitrogen purged to remove the fear of fogging due to any temperature change.
- Great magnification:
The scope should have magnification as it is its job to let you see your target at a greater distance, clear and crisp. The best magnification range of the scope should start at one and should go up to 4x. This magnification is ideal for the gun like the savage 220.
- Elevation and Windage adjustments:
The ability to set the settings of the optics is a feature that is desired in all types of scopes. The optics should have elevation and windage turrets on the side so that you can adjust these variables with the flick of a finger. The better the settings of these options, the more accurate shot you’ll be able to pull off.
- Great eye relief:
The eye relief on your optic should be at least 30 mm. The eye relief that your optic provides makes it easier for hunters to look at their target without the fuzziness getting in the way. The greater the eye relief, the easier it will for you to place your eye near the scope and not be hindered by blurry sides of the scope.
Read Other Related Article: Best 308 Rifle Scopes - .308 Review Guide For AR10 Rifle Long Range Shooting & Hunting